Equest Plus Tape Long Acting Horse Wormer and Boticide Gel is the only horse wormer effective as a single dose against encysted stages of small strongyles: developing stages (DL), late encysted stages (LL3/EL4), and aids in control of early encysted stages (EL3) including inhibited larvae (greater than 90% effective).
Equest Plus Tape Long Acting Horse Wormer & Boticide Gel is effective in treating all major internal parasites in horses including-
- Pinworms: Oxyurus equi (adults and L3/L4 larval stages).
- Acarids: Parascaris equorum (adults and intestinal stages (L4).
- Hairworms: Trichostrongylus axei (adults).
- Intestinal Threadworms: Strongyloides westeri.
- Large Mouthed Stomach Worms: Habronema spp. (gastric and cutaneous (summer sore) forms).
- Stomach Bots: Gasterophilus intestinalis (2 & 3 stage larvae), Gasterophilus nasalis (2 & 3 stage larvae).
- Cutaneous Onchocerciasis: Onchocerca spp. (microfiliariae)
Equest is a long acting gel: re-treatment is recommended after 14-16 weeks resulting in fewer treatments per year and longer periods where pastures are left free of worm eggs. The unique gel formulation dissolves rapidly on the tongue, aiding compliance. A dial-up syringe is designed with a narrow barrel to allow easy access into the side of the horse’s mouth and delivers the right dose every time.
Equest Plus Tape Horse Wormer contains : Moxidectin & Praziquantel
Equest Plus Tape Horse Wormer is administered orally (into the mouth) at a dose rate of 0.4mg/kg moxidectin and 2.5mg/kg praziquantel. It is supplied in a ready to use syringe, calibrated according to the bodyweight of the horse to be treated, in intervals of 25kg bodyweight. Use of this calibration will deliver the recommended dose.
Parasite Control Programs:
All horses should have a regular parasite control program. Regular treatment will reduce the risk of diseases due to small and large strongyles such as colic and verminous arteritis. Reinfection of horses with worms is common and treatment must be repeated routinely to ensure effective control. The unique long term activity of Equest Plus Tape long acting horse wormer & boticide gel against worms, including encysted small strongyles, is particularly useful in reducing the required dosing frequency in strategic parasite control programs. Retreatment intervals for the control of small strongyles can be extended for 14 to 16 weeks. Consult your veterinarian for advice on faecal egg count interpretation and the appropriate program for your specific needs.
FREE SHIPPING NZ WIDE ON ALL ORDERS EXCEEDING $500
- $5 Non-Rural Address
- $7.50 Rural Address
Rest of the New Zealand
- $7.50 Non-Rural Address
- $10 Rural Address
We use Fastway Couriers and NZ Post Postbags. In all cases when the courier is used a track and trace number will be provided to you so you can follow the progress of your order.
Items are shipped via Fastway Couriers or NZ Post as soon as payment is processed. Expected delivery 1-3 working days, but please allow one extra day for rural deliveries.
If your order has not arrived after 3-4 working days, please contact us and we will follow up for you.
We promise to refund the purchase price of any full price item you aren't 100% satisfied with provided it is returned under the following conditions;
- The item is returned via tracked courier service at your cost
- The item is unworn (apart from trying it on)
- The item is returned within 10 working days
- The item is still in original packaging with tags attached
- The item has not been washed or dry cleaned
- Sale items (Any item marked down in price)
- Special orders or custom orders
Shipping costs will not be refunded upon the return or exchange of an item.EXCHANGES
If you would like to exchange an item for a different size, colour or style, please email us at email@example.com with your order number and request.
If you have any questions regarding our shipping or refunds policy please do not hesitate to contact us.